We waited a couple days to record this week so we could talk about the Nintendo Switch. And so that’s what we do. Both Sean and Tycko picked up their preorders on Launch Day and have had some time to check out Nintendo’s new console and the launch game, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Sean and Jeff also participated, once again, in Ubisoft’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta and have some fun stories to tell from this incredible open-world game, including the Attack of the Killer Tractor!
In the news this week: Microsoft announces new subscription games services called Game Pass; Peter Moore leave EA and the gaming industry; No Man’s Sky wins a GDC award….and weren’t there to accept it; and we learn that players will not take all their hard work in Destiny over to Destiny 2.
Our Lost Treasure this week round out our Bungeling Bay Trilogy with 1982’s Choplifter. Lost Treasures is written and narrated by Syd Bolton of pcmuseum.ca with gameplay footage by Fred Rojas at gaminghistory101.com.
Links mentioned in the show
- Microsoft introduces Game Pass
- Peter Moore leaves EA… and industry. Becomes CEO of Liverpool soccer club
- No Man’s Sky wins GDC Award, but no one was around to accept it
- Destiny 2: Characters/weapons/armor will be left behind
- Twitter: @TheOMGHour | @OMGNexus | @Xiantayne | @Sinnix | @MrSecondPlace
- Our Gaming Archaeologist: @SydBolton
- Feedback/questions: TheOMGHour@gmail.com
- Rate us on iTunes
- Open Forum Radio